The goal of Gear Up Day is simple: register to ride and recruit new riders.
We ask you to do the following things on Gear Up Day:
- Get at least one other person to register to ride with you. Better yet, get a group of coworkers or friends to register by hosting a Ride Orientation. Not registered yet? JOIN US today and form a team!
- Wear a piece of cycling gear or a Ride T-shirt
- Watch and share our inspiring video with all your friends and family and ask everyone you know to support you!
- Encourage others to donate to your Ride or your Team’s Ride
- Send us pictures or videos of your Gear Up Day experience for example, a group photo, a Ride registration
- Encouraging you to post pictures and videos to The Enbridge Ride FACEBOOK Page
- Encouraging you to post TWEETS about your day.
We want to make it as easy as possible to do these things, so here’s what we are doing:
- Providing GEAR UP KITS on the website
- An email address to which you can send your pictures and videos. Please send all your videos and pictures to Borjana Slipicevic
- A contact person if you are organizing a rally or photo opportunity that you think our public relations team should know about. Please contact Borjana Slipicevic
Here are some ideas for holding a Ride rally and encouraging others to register or donate:
- Make a visible statement at your desk or in your office, with a poster, flyer, registration forms and donation forms.
- Set up a table in a high traffic area with posters, flyers, registration forms and donation forms.
- Hold an orientation or lunch and learn. Talk about why you are riding, encourage others to register, and have registration forms available. Encourage others to donate, and have donation forms available.
- Promote the Gear Up Day in the company newsletter or intranet site? Can you send emails to co-workers? Can you post flyers around the office? Can you take over an area of the lunchroom to hold your meeting?
- Get your team to host a training ride at lunchtime or after-work: This works well if you already have a team and want to encourage others to join your team.
Check out the GEAR UP KIT for flyers, e-marketing and social networking tools.
Get the Word Out! Promote your event
- Start the Buzz EARLY - Send out emails or evites a few weeks before your event.
- Promote from Within - Hang posters and flyers in high traffic areas around the office. Include mentions on message boards, the company newsletter or intranet site. Be sure to include all of the pertinent where, when, and why information.
- Final Notice - A day or 2 before your event send a final reminder email and pass out flyers.
On October 5, National Gear Up Day
Get Your Cycling Gear on! - It’s not called Gear Up Day for nothing! Put on your jersey, a Ride t-shirt or a Ride baseball hat. If you are really bold, put on your cycling shorts or helmet -- even if just for an hour! Remember that you are trying to draw attention to The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer! A Ride t-shirt might not turn heads, but a head-to-toe cycling apparel will definitely get the word out! Visit The Ride for all your Gear Up Day needs.
Be Prepared - Come prepared to talk about the impact The Ride is making possible at BC Cancer Foundation and answer any questions people might have about the event. Learn more about THE IMPACT OF YOUR FUNDS.
Fundraise and Recruit! - Be sure to bring a stack of personalized Donation Forms (printed from your Participant Centre) and our special Gear Up Day Registration Forms available in your GEAR UP KIT.
REMEMBER: On Gear Up Day, new Riders can register for a reduced fee of ONLY $50 AND get free arm warmers (with special promo code). Build your team, fundraise and maximize your chances to reach the highest level of The Ride Ambassadors — it’s a win-win situation for everyone!
If you need more help or have any questions, call our Ride Guides at .
Your Gear Up Kit
Find all the tools you'll need in this section to host your meeting! Download and print them today!
Your Social Media Tools